- 1) Describe an Immersion Incident.
- 2) Describe the human physiological events of sudden Cold Water Shock as outlined in the Giesbrecht “1-10-1” Model.
- 3) Describe the most important factors affecting the chance of surviving an Immersion Incident.
- 4) Describe the immediate On-Scene Management of an Immersion Incident
- 5) Describe the importance of following traditional CPR in Immersion Incidents which emphasizes rescue breathing followed by chest compressions.
- 6) Describe hypothermia(mild, moderate, and severe) including definition, symptoms, and treatment.
See the full article attached
Also, see "Patterns of Illness", a medical journal article reviewing the 1996 VOR injury history.