Pacific Cup: Getting Ready!
For those thinking about the Pacific, we have some quick news flashes to get you thinking and rolling toward the adventure of a lifetime:
- The first start date is July 6, 2014. If you are serious about sailing you’ll want to enter in 2013.
- Two knot ebb at start. Full moon July 12; parties start in Kaneohe July 20.
- We’ve reduced the entry fee significantly for most boats.
- Pacific Offshore Academy seminars dates are set. All will be at Richmond Yacht Club. June 23rd and October 19th this year with a reception following each.
- There will be two Safety at Sea seminars this year, Feb 24th and May 19th, both at Cal Maritime Academy and at least one in 2014. Any of these satisfies your mandatory attendance requirement for US ocean racing for five years.
- See us at the Strictly Sail Boat Show in April with hula performers, Mai Tais and the “Let’s Go to Hawaii” seminar.
- Our website has a fresh new look and is smartphone-friendly and easier to navigate at . Crew list and Seminar Signups are open.
- Matson has again agreed to partner with the Pacific Cup to provide shipping.
- Pre Start, we’re working to replicate the amazing Kaneohe experience at a location here in the Bay Area for the week prior to the start.
- We will also be offering a Strictly Cruising Division this year for those who prefer to experience the sunsets with a glass of wine rather than a winch handle.
Are you ready? We’ll start accepting entries next month!
What can you do TODAY?
- Join the mailing list. Keep abreast of our announcements and developments.
- Talk to your family and possible crew-mates about the race. The race represents a commitment of time and money.
- Recruit the kind of crew you'd like to do the passage with, or become the kind of crew that is needed.
- Learn about Weather. We have a collection of articles in the Knowledgebase.
- Read. Our Knowledgebase can answer many questions (and probably raise more) . The materials from our forum include extensive handouts and video presentations.
- VISIT us. We'll be at the Spring Jack London Boat Show.
- Contact Us. Can't wait? Drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll hook you up with someone who can answer your questions.