Pac Cup Right in your Mailbox
Keep up with the latest news as it arrives. Anecdotes, Announcements, Advice, and more to keep up with our great race.
We'll be having several seminars, parties and more. You won't want to miss any of them! See past editions below.This archive contains about half of the actual newsletters sent out to the general public, since many notices overlap from issue to issue.
Sun, 2015-03-01 04:31
Tue, 2015-02-17 05:24
Mon, 2015-02-02 10:04
- Similar in size, but likely different programs bring our two latest entries: Sierra is a 2004 Beneteau 423 in the Cruising Division, skippered by Hal Lynam out of Encinal and Oakland Yacht Clubs. Redhead, on the other hand, is a Cal 40 - a venerable breed of boat designed for racing, and is entered in the fully-crewed Racing Division out of Richmond Yacht Club, under the watchful eye of skipper Walter Smith. Both are first-time Pac Cuppers. Welcome! ... more ...
Sat, 2015-01-31 08:44
Tue, 2015-01-27 16:54
- With the signup of "Double Expresso", we're up to 14 boats. We're looking at a whole latte fun here. (Sorry, we couldn't help ourselves). DE is an Olson 30 racing doublehanded out of Santa Cruz Yacht Club. Update: and now we are at 15. Welcome Bolero! J46 out of Dana Point Yacht Club. Also racing double handed. ... more ...
Mon, 2015-01-26 20:15
- ... with more on the way.Proving that some folks begin planning their race as soon as the last one is over, we began to get entries as soon as we opened the gate. The count stands at 13 with several teams known to be in the planning stages and about to enter. Our current entry list is already a microcosm of our racers: racers, cruisers, double-handed boats and fully crewed. Sizes range from 24 feet to 50, though we expect to expand the range.So, who's next? ... more ...
Mon, 2014-12-29 14:28
- The holidays brought the completion of the Notice of Race for the 2016 FUN race to Hawaii. You may see the NOR here. With the completion of the NOR, we've opened up our signups too. Submission of an initial entry fee will create your online entry form -- streamlined and 100% paperless this year -- and get you well on your way to the experience of a lifetime. ... more ...
Tue, 2014-12-02 12:33
Thu, 2014-11-06 07:39
- The 2016 edition of the FUN race to Hawaii will start July 11, 2016. This date provides an optimum blend of ebb at the start, full moonlight, and (cross your fingers here) a well-defined Pacific High to speed our racers to the welcoming shores of Kaneohe Bay. As usual, the slowest boats will start on the eleventh, with faster boats starting later in the week, all designed to arrive around July 22 or later. ... more ...