To cross an ocean is a huge challenge AND an accomplishment for any sailor. Making that landfall after days or weeks at sea is a thrill that is hard to describe.
Pacific Cup has supported and advised thousands of sailors making that jump, whether in our FUN race or for their own adventures.
Come to our one-hour seminar at Pacific Sail Expo for a high level view of the steps needed to prepare for your voyage, from boat selection, to sails, provisioning, and safety gear. We'll stick around for Q&A, too!
- Michael Moradzadeh, Pacific Cup Commodore. He's done ten and a half crossings of the Pacific in slower cruise-type boats and his faster Santa Cruz 50.
- Buzz Blackett, Former Commodore and Head Mentor. Buzz typically races with small crews on his rather high performance "California Condor"
- Rowena Carlson, Chief Inspector Pac Cup. Rowena, a former logistics planner for the US Navy, is meticulous and knowledgeable. She's covered many miles, including Pac Cups, with spouse Robb, in Nozomi, their Cal 40.
- Will Paxton, Sailmaker and multi-time vet. A source of unbounded energy, Will is an expert racer and advisor to many sailing efforts. He has made more Transpac and Pac Cup crossings than we care to count.
- Mary Lovely, RN, Former Commodore and multiple vet. Has made many crossings with her family and double-handed with husband Jim. A fine sailor aboard their Cal 40 "Green Buffalo", her professional training equips her well to coach on critical issues of self-care and welfare.