The Pacific Cup Yacht Club was formed to run the Pacific Cup race from San Francisco Bay to Hawaii. Originally a loose organization operating out of Ballena Bay Yacht Club, the club incorporated in the 1980s to take firmer control of the race and its finances.
The members and board of the club are firmly committed to running a race that is competitive, fun, and safe, and operate the race with a focus on preparation and openness to a wide range of entrants, from tiny double handers to mega yachts and from family adventures to well-tuned racing syndicates.
Membership is open to people who support the race..
2018 Pacific Cup Board and Officers
- Michael Moradzadeh, Commodore;
- Melinda Erkelens, Vice Commodore;
- Bob Hinden, Rear Commodore;
- Harold Marsh, Treasurer;
- Hawkeye King, Secretary;
- Buzz Blackett, At Large Board member (Staff Commodore);
- Rebecca Hinden, At Large Board member;
- Ian Rogers, At Large Board member;
- Bobbi Tosse, At Large Board member; and
- Zach Anderson, At Large Board member.
There are also two representative directors from our two host clubs who will take their seats when our contracts with the host clubs are finalized