At Encinal Yacht Club Sunday, April 30. You pick. All day.
The Saturday date is full, and spots are only available as other cancellations arise. Please contact Pat Lowther (details below) to see if space is available.
This is the "Hands-On" portion of the World Sailing (formerly "ISAF") and US Sailing-sanctioned Safety at Sea program. When taken within a year of the regular eight-hour classroom session, this will get you certified for safety-at-sea anywhere on the planet.
This level of certification now required for a portion of your crew for Pacific Cup and many other races. Feedback from sailors over the last several years has indicated that these seminars are of key value.
To Be Eligible: You must have completed, between April 1, 2016 and April 28, 2017,
- (a) a regular 8-hour classroom Safety at Sea seminar, such as is offered by PCYC, YRA, OYRA and many others or
- (b) an on-line course, newly released. You may sign up for that here.
The Advanced course will cover a range of topics and include hands-on experiences, including
- Emergency Signalling (Flares, but well away from foliage this year)
- Emergency procedures (MOB rope, drogue, etc)
- Lifejacket (yup, the pool)
- Liferaft boarding (in the pool again)
- Group problem solving (everyone has an opinion)
Lunch is included.