At Encinal Yacht Club Sunday, April 14 OR 15. You pick. All day.
Both days are now full. Please contact the organizer, Pat Lowther, to check for a cancellation. email@example.com
This is the "Hands-On" portion of the World Sailing (formerly "ISAF") and US Sailing-sanctioned Safety at Sea program. When taken within a year of the regular eight-hour classroom session, this will get you certified for safety-at-sea anywhere on the planet.
This level of certification now required for a portion of your crew for Pacific Cup and many other races. Feedback from sailors over the last several years has indicated that these seminars are of key value.
To Be Eligible: You must have completed, between April 14, 2017 and April 15, 2018,
- (a) a regular 8-hour classroom Safety at Sea seminar, such as is offered by PCYC, YRA, OYRA and many others or
- (b) an on-line course, newly released. You may sign up for that here.
The Advanced course will cover a range of topics and include hands-on experiences, including
- Emergency Signalling (Flares, but well away from foliage this year)
- Emergency procedures (MOB rope, drogue, etc)
- Lifejacket (yup, the pool)
- Liferaft boarding (in the pool again)
- Group problem solving (everyone has an opinion)
Lunch is included.
Encinal Yacht Club: 1251 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501
Registration and coffee starts at with the speakers starting at sharp. Coffee and Danish; lunch and mai tai party all included.
NOTE: DO NOT FILL OUT THIS FORM UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN DIRECTED TO BY PAT LOWTHER OR HAROLD MARSH. Attendance will not be honored otherwise.