Saturday, May 6, at Kaneohe Yacht Club. All day.
This is the "Hands-On" portion of the World Sailing (formerly "ISAF") and US Sailing-sanctioned Safety at Sea program. When taken within a year of the regular eight-hour classroom session, this will get you certified for safety-at-sea anywhere on the planet.
This level of certification is now required for a portion of your crew for Pacific Cup and many other races. Feedback from sailors over the last several years has indicated that these seminars are of key value.
To Be Eligible: You must have completed, between May 6, 2016 and May 7, 2017,
- (a) a regular 8-hour classroom Safety at Sea seminar, such as is offered by PCYC and many others or
- (b)We will accept and certify those Hawaii sailors who completed the 8 hour classroom SAS at KYC on March 5, 2016 (special exception this seminar only), or
- (c) an on-line course, newly released. You may sign up for that here for $75, or you may include USSailing's great new Safety resource book for ten dollars (regularly $25) more here.
Please indicate the date of completion (or intended completion) of your prerequisite course below.
Course fee is $225.
The Advanced course will cover a range of topics and include hands-on experiences, including
- Emergency Signalling (Flares, and more)
- Emergency procedures (MOB rope, drogue, etc)
- Lifejacket (yup, the pool)
- Liferaft boarding (in the pool again)
- Group problem solving (everyone has an opinion)
Lunch is included.